Friday 18 April 2008

Heart attack swimmer won't let it slow him down- Reprted by Swansea surf school and Gower surf school Progress surf Academy


A keen swimmer who suffered a heart attack during a training session has not let it keep him on dry land.

76 year-old Lyn James from Upper Killay is taking part in this month's sponsored Swimathon at the Wales National Pool, in spite of having a cardiac arrest whilst swimming there last year.

www.swanseasurfing.com
www.progressonlineshop.com
www.swanseasurfschool.com

"It hasn't slowed me down at all; they did a marvelous job on me in Morriston. I couldn't wait to get back in the pool and train between two and four times a week depending on my commitments."

The Wales National Pool Swimathon takes place between 17th and 20th April. Mr James will be swimming 1.5 km in aid of the Marie Curie cancer charity.

"The lifeguards were marvelous, and I was also extremely lucky to have a doctor swimming in the lane next to me.

www.swanseasurfing.com
www.progressonlineshop.com
www.swanseasurfschool.com

"They say if I hadn't been as fit as I was I wouldn't have survived. I've been running marathons since I was 68."

Mr James is a well-known face at the Wales National Pool Swansea.

"I don't think the staff expected me back after my heart attack but I love my swimming."

www.swanseasurfing.com
www.progressonlineshop.com
www.swanseasurfschool.com

General Manager at the pool, Jane Draper said, "I am delighted that the prompt and professional actions of our poolside staff resulted in Mr James full recovery and now he is able to participate in the Marie Curie Swimathon. The staff at WNPS wish him and all the other participants the best of luck in reaching their personal Swimathon goals "

The Wales National Pool Estimation takes place between 17th and 20th April
For more information on the Wales National Pool Swansea sponsored Swimathon log onto www.walesnationalpoolswansea.co.uk

Words and pictures by city and county of Swansea

www.swanseasurfing.com
www.progressonlineshop.com
www.swanseasurfschool.com

No comments: